SO you now said yes to guy and the wedding bells are about to ring. First of all Congratulations Darling!!!!!
Yes you can absolutely freak out at any given time. Not everyone can accept the fact that they are getting married with a cool and a romantic head on their shoulders. It is your absolute right as a bride to freak out and go Bridezilla!! Just remember to keep the causalities to minimum; you might need sane people around you once everything is done.
I’m about to put together some of the stuff that was told to me and I read; which helped me ALOT during my personal crisis and doubts.
- It’s okay to get scared and doubt your decision. Yes we are good decision makers all the time, but its fine to doubt ourselves once in a while. Remember you have people around you who love and care for you; talk to them. Talking it out with your man actually helps you guys to bond better. Let him know that your doubts, try understanding his, together you can cross the bridge easily.
- Plan your last month well in advance. Take it from me girl, the time flies but the last month just disappears!! So plan the last month first. This month would mostly have invitation follow-ups, meeting your tailors/ photographers, planning your day at spa before the big day and of course all the packing.
- Micro manage your packing. Yes you’re packing. Separate bags for wedding day, the photo shoot, the in-laws house and finally the honeymoon. Best way around it is put the clothes, accessories and the required underskirts and lingerie together. Bundle them up into huge zip-lock bags or just keep them piling one over the other (in the correct order, to avoid rummaging a neatly packed suitcase). It also helps if you have one or two people who know exactly where all of your stuff is, you can delegate and not bother to do everything yourself.
- Plan your shopping. There is so much to shop and there is no point missing out on anything during this time. Do inside out checklist ( I do that) starting from lingerie, to clothes ( oh the variety of them we need to go through!!)), to essentials like body wash, creams, deo etc, to cosmetics, to footwear, to handbag/ clutches/both, to stuff that goes inside by bag/clutch. This is just the essentials, now plan the accessories, the spare clothes, the photo shoots etc.
- Plan out your diet and exercises; visit a trusted doctor for check-up just to ensure you’re in top shape for the event. Exercises not only help in a healthy lifestyle, it gives a good posture and a delicate way of carrying oneself. Diets do NOT mean reducing food, it just means, planning the intake better. That way there will be no last minute food cravings or a very weak look on the bride’s face.
I’m sure you’ve been drilled with more than the above points. While doing all this do remember to enjoy what is happening to you. I know this does sound ridiculous but hey it’s happening only once, so why not carry the insanity for future references!!
Happy Wedding 🙂